January 6, 2010

Ashley and Ben | Engaged

When Ashley called me on Thanksgiving and said, "Guess what?" I knew what was coming...I just had this gut intuition as to what she was going to tell me. And then she said it, and I can just imagine her smiling ear to ear when she said, "I'M ENGAGED!" Ash and I met at K-State almost two years ago through work and formed a great friendship, that even lasts 1000 miles away while Ashley goes to school in Florida!

Ben told Ashley they were gonna take a little detour while she was home, and stop at her favorite place- her grandparent's lake house. He said they had time and not to worry! I'm sure there was some cute stuff said, and he got down on one knee and popped the big question! :)

My good friend Laura and I had the great chance to double shoot their engagement session, and the pictures turned out great! It was a blustery 9 degrees out, but great lighting :) And I'm so excited to shoot their wedding on January 1, 2011 (my first booking for 2011! whoo!) Okay, okay, I'll be quiet now...just look at their pictures :)




Okay, this next image just makes my heart so happy :)






Love this one :) Ash, you are beautiful!














Check out that beautiful ring! Ash wanted something vintage, but classic, and I think Ben nailed it on the head with this one!

Thank you again so much for asking me to come along on the engagement session and to shoot your wedding! I'm so excited for January 2011 :)

3 comments:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING!? These are so great - I love the ones on the tracks and the ones on the bridge and the snow on the ground is simply adorable! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Thanks for shooting with me Whit!!

    PS Last I knew their wedding was going to be December 19th, did the date change?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeff, thanks so much for the comment!!

    yes, laura, the wedding is january 1, 2011, if the reception hall is still available :)

    ReplyDelete