November 16, 2009

101:1001 - Memorize 50 Bible Verses


So, I haven't quite reached 50 yet, but I am well on my way to officially crossing this off of my list!! If you are not sure what I am talking about, with "my list" - check out this link to read about the list, be inspired (hopefully) and create your own list! How fun! Right?

Psalm 139:1-10 (not looking at a Bible, scouts honor!)
Oh, Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise,
and you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down,
and you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
you know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in - behind and before,
and you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there,
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
or settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
even there your right hand will hold me fast.

I leave you with one of my favorite pictures from New York - oh the beautiful pictures that come from such a beautiful place - they always remind me of God's creation and His mighty and powerful love!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful picture. The verse of the bible is True and Amen.

    ReplyDelete